01 January 2012

12 things at 2012

1. Someone began with an error. 2013. Although this always happens to me. When it's my birthday and people ask me how old I am, I tend to add another year to my actual age. (Care to psychologize?)

2. I spent the first few hours of 2012 watching Inception on cable TV. That's not entirely true, though. The first 45 minutes were spent watching fireworks. It may be burning money, but it's one human invention and luxury that I appreciate. Someday I wish to visit Australia and, among other things, witness the Sydney New Year's eve fireworks display.

3. In the assumption that trimming them down to the bare essentials will make them easier to practice, my resolutions are:
3.1) meet deadlines,
3.2) not say yes when I don't mean it,
3.3) write slowly.
4. Before you say, How can you meet deadlines when you write slowly?, let me explain: it's not about working fast, it's about managing time well. In other words, I resolve to be more disciplined.

5. The unabridged version of my 2012 resolutions (including the first 3) would be:
5.1) get out of bed before 10 am,
5.2) work out at least 3 times a week,
5.3) minimize junk food intake,
5.4) explore new places.
Still a short list!

Top Shelf